Commercial & Industrial Energy Brokers
The representatives of Independent Energy Consultants work with commercial and industrial customers to help them achieve savings on natural gas and electricity costs in any deregulated state. We are independent energy brokers and feel so strongly about the importance of this, we included it in our company name. When you partner with Independent Energy Consultants, you will know we are always working in your best interest. While working for you it is important that we also maintain and foster good relationships with utilities and certified suppliers. However, unlike many energy brokers, we have avoided the formal ties that create conflicts of interest or limit a customer's supply options.
When sourcing natural gas and/or electricity for our Commercial and Industrial Clients our energy brokers encourage a time-proven approach that builds the foundation for a true partnership with our clients. We also believe in tying our success to yours whenever possible. The natural gas and electric markets are complex and volatile, with prices changing by the minute. If you have a car-shopper's outlook and are seeking a quick quote, are shopping offers, or working in parallel with your consultant, chances are you are cheating yourself and limiting the suppliers who will bid to serve your energy needs. If you are truly serious about understanding your risk tolerance, your energy sourcing options and finally taking control of your energy costs, contact Independent Energy Consultants.
The diagram below lays out the methodical approach of our energy brokers to ensure you make sound decisions when it comes to your energy procurement.
When you engage our services, you can be involved as much or as little as you like. In either case, our energy brokers will work to implement this process by completing these and other detailed tasks:
- Discuss Goals and Objectives
- Analyze your risk tolerance
- Examine any existing supply agreements
- Identify which accounts are eligible to seek alternate supply offers
- Not all states and/or utilities are deregulated and permit seeking alternate offers
- Accounts in municipal systems and/or cooperatives are not eligible to seek alternate offers
- Identify which utility markets are active and present opportunities for savings
- Gather, sort, group and analyze your historical load data
- Identify load profiles that will result in the lowest bids
- Discuss market trends and potential procurement strategies
- Fixed rates, variable rates, block/index, short-term, long-term, etc.
- Develop a decision-support model
- Identify a price-to-beat needed to accept a supply offer
- Design customized Request for Proposal (RFP) to solicit offers from all eligible suppliers
- Review and explain supplier contract terms and conditions
- Alert all eligible and qualified suppliers
- Conduct Online Auctions or issue a paper RFP
- Perform Savings Analysis
- Analyze supplier bids and recommend a supplier
- Recommend Contracting Terms
- Assist in the account switching process
- Upload contracts, sites and usage
- Monitor your contract, and energy costs and use during the term of your supply agreements
- Ensure you have an audit trail to document your procurement process (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley compliance)
- Prepare for Renewals
- Market opportunity alerts and updates
Independent Energy Consultants strives to make it easy for clients to work with us. Our brokerage service eliminates out of pocket costs and risks. Our electric and natural gas sourcing services are provided FREE-OF-CHARGE to you. We will also be there to serve you during the life of your supply agreement. What we ask of you, is that you accept our brokered offer should it be lower than our mutually agreed upon price-to-beat.
To find out whether our energy brokers can assist your commercial or industrial business in saving on energy costs, fill out these quote request forms: