- Municipal Aggregation
- Corporate United Energy Program
- Energy Brokerage Services
- Energy Accounting & Utility Bill Audit
- Facility Audits
- What is an Energy Consultant
- About Deregulation
- "It has been my pleasure to work with Mark Burns in developing Green's electric and gas aggregation programs. Green was one of the first municipalities to initiate an aggregation program, and Mr. Burns' knowledge and drive were instrumental in getting this accomplished in a timely and cost efficient manner.
The city of Green has saved its residents literally millions of dollars in reduced costs for both power and natural gas. Given Mr. Burns extensive knowledge and customer responsiveness, I would recommend him unconditionally to coordinate any utility based study."Dan Croghan
City of Green, OH
- "Mr. Burns brings 22 years of experience and expertise in the fields of natural gas and electricity to governmental aggregation programs. His knowledge and experience, coupled with his awareness of and sensitivity to residential energy customers' preferences, makes it easy for a City to present a well-organized and cost-beneficial aggregation program to City residents.
Mr. Burns is always ready to personally assist the individual resident in joining or leaving an aggregate group. He is always willing to explain the program to those residents that may have questions. He understands that governmental energy aggregates are made of people, not numbers.
Mr. Burns watches the market trends and advises a governmental aggregator when to strike a price for an energy program. He tracks activity before the Public Utilities Commission and advises of issues that will impact municipalities so that we may address those issues. His advice and attention to our municipality has made my job much easier, and has resulted in professionally-run aggregate programs."Phyllis Vento de Crespo
Former Assistant Director of Law
City of Euclid, OH
- "Thanks for all you're your hard work and perseverance. This program has been a huge positive in otherwise gloomy economic times.
- "Most people turn to a quality atlas or a reputable consumer magazine when they need help planning a trip through unfamiliar territory or making an important purchase. I turned to Mark Burns, the founder of Independent Energy Consultants.
Mark calmly, politely and successfully guided our city through every phase of our opt-in and opt-out natural gas aggregation programs. He also helped taxpayers, our city, and our council of local governments achieve significant savings on residential, small business and public building heating bills.
Mark Burns is the consummate professional, knowledgeable, certified, neophyte-friendly, always available to answer questions, and always planning ahead. I give him thumbs up, way up."Dr. Warner Mendenhall
Village of Silver Lake, OH
- "Thanks for the good job you are doing. I know the residents of the township appreciate the savings particularly in these difficult economic times."
Springfield Township Trustee